Monday, March 2, 2009

Marie Would Be Proud



Recently I was watched the 2006 Marie Antoinette movie, and I almost died when I saw the costumes. The style is very pastel, totally luxurious, and overall very feminine. Pinks, blues, yellow, lace, frills, and ruffles, basically costume eye candy. I tried to find pieces that matched the style, but had a difficult time. If you've seen something you think goes well with this.. let me know.



Rose Corset ($60, topshop.com) The rosette feature reminds me so much of the dresses Marie Antoinette wore. The pastel blue is what I think of as her signature color, as it was absaloutly everywhere during that time, clothing, furniture, and wallpaper. This shirt isnt a true corset, as it has a zipper up the back.



Lela Rose One Shoulder Belted Dress ($1,095, shopbop.com) Just the way Marie liked it, expensive, and elegant. The flirty ruffle will capture anyones attention, and you'll always look like a million bucks. I had originally found this dress for my Pretty in Pink article, it didn't work out, but I'm glad to have found a place to fit it in. In my head Ive matched this dress with opaque black tights and shiny black booties. Not exactly fitting to this article, so it could also go with the following tights, and white heels:






French Vanilla Tights ($24.95, modcloth.com) These tights have a great texture. Be careful to wear sunscreen underneath!


May Flowers Umbrella ($29.99, modcloth.com) This print reminds me of the print on the fans in the top photograph. Staying out of the sun will help your skin stay young, and the ladies of the court were always pale. Once again in the amazing blue color.

Find anything you think is really interesting the season? Let me know!


2 comments:

  1. The umbrealla is cooolies! modcloth has some great items!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That movie was gorgeous... Pastels! How different from the Fall '09 shows haha. The blue corset/tube top is really cute

    ReplyDelete